Sunday 16 January 2011

New Year New Start

OK - well I guess in the run up to Christmas I can use being busy as an excuse not to have posted anything and to a certain extent that was true. of course, the real reason is that I am hopeless at maintaining my focus on any one project and so I got distracted by other things. I did manage to make most of my Christmas cards and the following are pictures of those worth showing.

Hunkydory Luxury Christmas

Hunkydory Luxury Christmas

Hunkydory Luxury Christmas

Hunkydory Luxury Christmas

I love HunkyDory products. They are such good quality and you get so much in each of their kits. I do sometimes find myself lacking in inspiration though. I need to work on that.

Sheena Douglass Scenic stamps

Sheena Douglass Scenic stamps

The same cannot be said for the fantastic Sheena Douglass stamps. I loved playing around with these. The stamps lend themselves to so many different ways of using them. If I had bought these earlier I would probably have done no Christmas shopping and we would have had ham sandwiches for Christmas dinners. Did I say I loved them? I had so much fun and each card was really quick to make.

Christmas Flower Fairy

Popcorn

Popcorn

Having played around with Sheena's stamps I rummaged through my stamp collection and made some cards using the wonderful Crafter's Companion stamps and the CD artwork that goes with them. The Hunkydory Diamond sparkles are also great for adding a border to toppers.

I love stamping!

I also took a leap of faith and bought one of the sets of Grand Nestabilities with fingers crossed that some of them would fit in my Sizzix machine. They did. In fact, of the one I bought, only the largest would not fit on the cutting plates. I would love the Caliber machine but there is nowhere to fit it on my craft desk and I have promised DH that I will economise this year AND I only got the Sizzix a year ago.

I have no room left in my craft workstation to put anything now so I need to use up my existing stock of card and paper and inks and colouring stuff and embellishments etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment