Tuesday 29 March 2011

An Easter easel card - Crafters Companion Monthly Challenge 10

I started out from the Crafters Companion Souffle CD. I printed out a sheet of pyrimage and two coordinating backing papers. The pyrimage is mounted onto a scallop die cut created using a nestabilities die. The bottom layer of the pyrimage is edged with a curvy peel off.



The base of the easel card is a C6 hammered card folded inside out so that the hammered effect is seen on the bottom plate. The front of the card is another C6 card. The front of which is covered with one of the backing papers. The card will open out again, see below, so that there is a space to leave message. The front part of the card is closed with a ribbon for stability..

The border holding the easel part upright and the gold trim on the front of the card was made using a Delicious border die cut from X-cut.

I have warmed up the colours using wild honey distress inks.

More gold peeloffs have been added to bring out the edging strip and to fill in the bottom edge of the card.

I created a sentiment from letter peel offs stuck onto gold card to finish it off.

I started this post on 13 March 2011 and have only just got around to publishing it. Its been a busy few weeks. But I have a week off from work and will spend as much time as I can crafting. I have some super goodies picked up from the NEC to play with...

No comments:

Post a Comment