Sunday 17 April 2011

Easter chick card

Well, since I have all that yellow stuff and since I have to make an easter card...



The base card is a 6"x6" card made from white card stock. I cut out the backgrounds from various yellow paper in the Docrafts goody bag and then coloured the edges with distress inks to make them stand out from one another. I then edged them with peel offs to highlight them more. The circle scallop was edged with glitter since I haven't the patience to put a peel off round all those scallops.

The circle and scallop circle were cut using the trusty spellbinders dies!

The decoupage image is from a freebie cd containing Honey and Hugs characters. The chick (Honey?) is perfect for Easter. I sprayed the decoupage with Crafters Companion spray and shine. Try as I might cannot get a photo of the card that does not glare off the shiny bits.

The eggs were some oval peel offs that I stuck on various buts of paper and cut out and then decorated with peel offs or gems.

The sentiments were from my new Xyron design runner which I cut out with scallop scissors, edged with gold pen and then sprayed with irridescent spray from Crafters Companion.

I am entering the card in the following challenges:

Allsorts Challenge blog - week 99
Daring Cardmakers - Spring Fling

3 comments:

  1. Your little Easter Chick is very sweet! Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers' "Spring Fling" challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cute card - thanks for sharing it with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card love the embossed edges...

    Thanks for doing such a great job with the sketch this week and for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete