Saturday 23 April 2011

A wedding card

Not surprising that there are few wedding card challenges at the moment. Can't think why? But thought, I may as well have a go and came up with this:


The card is a 6X6 square card to which I have added a red spotted background from Red Hot Bed.

The image came from a My Craft Studio collection, but I forgot to make a note of which one and, of course, I can't find it again. Yes I have too many MCS cds. I created a background for the image using the old faithful denim blue and forest green distress inks from Tim Holtz.

I cut the image out using an oval spellbinders die and then matted onto blue pearlescent card (Crafters Companion) cut using a slightly larger scallop oval die from spellbinders.

The flowers were cut from a sheet of flowers from Red Hot Bed that I have had for ages and so had forgotten about. I layered them up and added a blue flower sequin and gold gem to finish.

I finished off with a peel off sentiment on the same blue pearlescent card, cut around with scallop scissors and edged with silver pen.

I am entering the card in the following challenge:

Crafty Cardmakers - challenge 44 A Royal Wedding.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in our Red, white and blue/Wedding challenge. Your card is very pretty and fits our challenge very nicely. Best wishes. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorjuss card!
    I love the wee image you've used! So sweet!
    Thanks for playing along with Crafty Cardmakers
    Hugs Melly x x

    ReplyDelete