Sunday 15 May 2011

Steampunk - Crafty Cardmakers

OK - I am a big fan of all things Tim Holtz and I love the distressed style, but I am still trying to work out how to do it. The Crafty Cardmakers challenge seemed to be the perfect place to start to find my style...

I decided a collage style card would be the best place to start and so I printed out loads of images from various My Craft Studio collections, some background papers which I edged with Martha Stewart stamps, I die cut some coredinations paper, which I embossed, distressed and sprayed with Crafters Companion glitter spray and a stamped image of an edwardian lady (sorry couldn't find anything Victorian).


I then stuck the whole lot together (if only it were that simple!!!) to come up with the card above. In the end not a lot of Tim Holtz but maybe I will be braver next time...

2 comments:

  1. Super steampunk card Helene - very impressed!
    Thank you for coming over to play at Crafty CardMakers this week!
    Hugs
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is fab, such a lot going on but it works really well, well done and thanks for playin with us at Crafty Cardmakers

    Hugs
    Judie xx

    ReplyDelete