Like all lovers of dies, I have struggled to find a way to store them. The ready made storage solutions always seem so expensive and uninspiring. As a stop gap, I started to store them in an old index card case. I then hit upon the idea of making little pockets on index cards to slip the dies (stuck on magnetic sheets) into.
Of course the index card cases are not very attractive and so I decided to decorate it:
I have to admit that the above decoration was the second attempt as the original paper pieces didn't stick so well. Collall glue did the trick the second time around.
The decoration is made from randomly cut and stuck pieces of paper (edged with a spectrum noir pen). The border, embellishments, bow and butterflies were all die cuts and I added a few gems as well.
I didn't decorate the tops as I may need to stack them.
As time went by and the stash of dies increased, it was necessary to add another (two) card cases. I could then sort the dies into different types.
I will soon need another.
And here is a picture of them on my desk:
|All in row|
As you see lots of die cut pieces of paper left over for other projects.